encourage - equip - empower
For a full list of upcoming Kids Events click here
You are going to have a blast learning about God at our church! I hope we get the chance to get to know you. This info is meant to help you get to know us at the South Hills Assembly Empowered Kid's Ministry - Empowering Kids from birth – 5th Grade.
If you have any further questions about the programs here please call at 412-835-8900
South Hills Kids Weekend Experience Schedule
Saturday 6 PM
Half Time Break K-6 Will meet in the Empowered Kids Church For fun, fellowship, worship and a relevant bible teaching.
2yr - 4 yr meet in the 3 year old room that is filled with with fun, toys and snack time and short bible lesson.
Sunday 10:30 am
- Elementary age students (2nd Grade - 6th Grade) meet in the kids church area for fun, fellowship, worship and a relevant bible teaching.
- Pre-School age students (3yr - 1st Grade) are welcomed into their classrooms by our excited staff where your child will experience the Gospel Message taught through a relevant Bible lesson, a Snacktivity/Craftivity and our Interactive Puppet Adventure.
- Nursery/Toddlers and 2yr Olds have their own respective rooms with fun toys and snack time.
South Hills Kids Priorities
Growing in God – The #1 Priority
We want to see kids . . .
- Accepting Jesus
- Loving the Bible
Fun – The Kid Priority
We want to see . . .
Happy Kids – Through creative, experiential learning kids will know that church is fun and therefore serving God is fun.
Happy Workers – Our team of workers is upbeat, positive and excited to be there! We want you to leave our services encouraged and lifted up in your spirit!
Safe – The Parent Priority
We must have . . .
Clean & orderly classrooms.
Background checks – National Criminal, State Criminal & Child Abuse on every Worker
Security name tags for workers, Security cards for parents
Emergency Contact & Allergy Information for every child
Since safety is our priority, we have a check-in process for all children & adults in the Children's Area.
- Check in child at classroom & get a security card from teacher
- Pick up child with Security Card that matches the number in the attendance book
Note: Adults have 3 "tickets" into the area:
- Bringing a child for check in
- A Team Minister photo ID lanyard (given after security clearance)
- A security card. Also, you may pass the card to someone you trust to pick up your child (spouse, grandparent, relative).
Links for Kids - Fun links about . . .
Links for Parents For More info about . . .
Christian Movie Reviews for family friendliness - Plugged In
Links for All Listen to Kid's Church Worship . . .
Bible Apps For Kids . . .
Bible Study Bible For Kids . . .
Bible Study Bible For Adults. . .
Kids will be taught how to worship & sing with motions for Christmas Concert, Spring Musical and other performances.
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is a week long event with daytime services & activities to learn about God in a fun setting. It occurs every year in the middle of June.
Week long overnight trip full of fun and daily interactive worship & teaching services to get more of God. Kids Camp is an annual event during the last full week of July