For a full list of upcoming Kids Events click here
You are going to have a blast learning about God at our church! I hope we get the chance to get to know you. This info is meant to help you get to know us at the South Hills Assembly Empowered Kid's Ministry - Empowering Kids from birth – 5th Grade.
If you have any further questions about the programs here please call at 412-835-8900
Empowered Kids Weekend Experience Schedule
Saturday 6 PM
Half Time Break K-6 Will meet in the Empowered Kids Church For fun, fellowship, worship and a relevant bible teaching.
2yr - 4 yr meet in the 3 year old room that is filled with with fun, toys and snack time and short bible lesson.
Sunday 10:30 am
- Elementary age students (2nd Grade - 6th Grade) meet in the kids church area for fun, fellowship, worship and a relevant bible teaching.
- Pre-School age students (3yr - 1st Grade) are welcomed into their classrooms by our excited staff where your child will experience the Gospel Message taught through a relevant Bible lesson, a Snacktivity/Craftivity and our Interactive Puppet Adventure.
- Nursery/Toddlers and 2yr Olds have their own respective rooms with fun toys and snack time.
Empowered Kids Priorities
Growing in God – The #1 Priority
We want to see kids . . .
- Accepting Jesus
- Loving the Bible
Fun – The Kid Priority
We want to see . . .
Happy Kids – Through creative, experiential learning kids will know that church is fun and therefore serving God is fun.
Happy Workers – Our team of workers is upbeat, positive and excited to be there! We want you to leave our services encouraged and lifted up in your spirit!
Safe – The Parent Priority
We must have . . .
Clean & orderly classrooms.
Background checks – National Criminal, State Criminal & Child Abuse on every Worker
Security name tags for workers, Security cards for parents
Emergency Contact & Allergy Information for every child
Since safety is our priority, we have a check-in process for all children & adults in the Children's Area.
- Check in child at classroom & get a security card from teacher
- Pick up child with Security Card that matches the number in the attendance book
Note: Adults have 3 "tickets" into the area:
- Bringing a child for check in
- A Team Minister photo ID lanyard (given after security clearance)
- A security card. Also, you may pass the card to someone you trust to pick up your child (spouse, grandparent, relative).
Kids earn Kid Connection Cash by bringing their Bible, knowing the memory verse, and bringing friends, along with various other ways that deserve rewarding. They can redeem their cash at the "Reward Center" for lots of fun & even some practical prizes.
Links for Kids - Fun links about . . .
Links for Parents For More info about . . .
Christian Movie Reviews for family friendliness - Plugged In
Links for All Listen to Kid's Church Worship . . .
Bible Apps For Kids . . .
Bible Study Bible For Kids . . .
Bible Study Bible For Adults. . .
Kids will be taught how to worship & sing with motions for Christmas Concert, Spring Musical and other performances.
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is a week long event with daytime services & activities to learn about God in a fun setting. It occurs every year in the middle of June.
Week long overnight trip full of fun and daily interactive worship & teaching services to get more of God. Kids Camp is an annual event during the last full week of July